2019 so far has been a bit of a snoozefest, literally! Poor hubby was sick with a nasty flu over New Year and (knock on wood) I haven’t gotten it, but we are both feeling a little rundown and meh.
I’ve done a few bits around the house, namely cleared out the lounge and rearranged the furniture so we are now using the whole room instead of half of it! We cleared out our office too, so it’s much tidier, and a bit cozier with added bookshelf which is full of board games, not books!
But for the most part we’ve just been snuggled down resting and watching a lot of telly! So I’ve been curled up in my “nest” under a massive blanket just chilling.
As for all the telly we’ve been watching, here’s the run down:
- StartUp – I wasn’t in the mood to start something new when hubby started this so I left the room! But the next day when he was 3 episodes in I rejoined him and it’s SO good. (Amazon Prime Video)
- The Man in the High Castle – It felt like a slog at some points, but we finally caught up on this! (Amazon Prime Video)
- Outlander – I started watching season 3 after my op back in 2017 and didn’t have the concentration for it, but I finally got caught up.
(Amazon Prime Video)
- Riverdale – I finally caught up on this, it’s not a fave but it’s interesting enough to keep watching for now. The last season was just *weird* though, right? (Netflix)
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina – I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this, there’s nostalgia from watching the Melissa Joan Hart version when I was younger! It’s darker and creepier and Kiernan Shipka is just lush as Sabrina. I loved it! (Netflix)
- The Haunting of Hill House – I made sure to watch this during the day and while I was busy doing other stuff so I didn’t pay full attention to it when it was scary, but seriously, the plot thickened toward the end and although I found it a little predictable the story was pretty great. (Netflix)
- You – This was recommended by a couple people and I wasn’t so sure about it, but took the plunge over the weekend. It’s so crazy and utterly creepy and could be triggering to anyone who has been in a relationship with someone manipulative or controlling. I just kept thinking HOW could he keep getting away with stuff?! It hooked me for sure. (Netflix)
- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel – We all know I’m ga-ga for Gilmore Girls and this one has been on my radar for a long time but I only just started watching it yesterday! I’m only a few episodes in but it’s SO funny and clever and a joy to watch. It makes me laugh out loud! (Amazon Prime Video)
I also watched Bird Box and Black Mirror: Bandersnatch over New Year’s while hubby was ill. I didn’t think Bird Box lived up to the hype. I mean what was with that non-ending? Bandersnatch was fun; I know ultimately there were paths that took the story where it needed to go, but it would have been great to see some more unpredictable plots too, maybe.
I’m also reading a bit more! Currently The 100: Book One by Kass Morgan and La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust Volume 1 by Philip Pullman. Since I totally ship Clarke and Bellamy in The 100 TV series, I’m liking the book so far haha 🙂
So that’s what I’m up to staying cozy this (so far very mild for us) winter!