My last post isn’t a great way to end the year is it? It was much needed and all true, but it’s not encompassing of 2010, just of the past 2 months or so. So I need to balance it out, with all the bad that’s happened (and all at once it feels like) there has been a lot of good this year.
- I started the year off in the States, with family and knowing that my home is now here, in the UK. I was happy and relieved to come home and, although I miss specific things about the US and my friends and family who are there, felt this is where I belong.
- I made new amazing friends who are incredible and fantastic and lovely.
- I ran my first 5K race and survived. 🙂
- I went to a few concerts to see artists I love. I went to my first festival (and survived that too!).
- I became more independent and more comfortable with myself.
- I joined the gym, which I have completely under utilised this year.
My husband has supported me through everything this year, encouraging me to run the race, going to concerts with me even when he hates the music, telling me off when I don’t go to the gym (even if I don’t listen) and being proud of me as I get more comfortable with my life here and venture out on my own.
So, while the past month has been a crappy one, overall I know this year has been great and I’m thankful for taking the chances I took this year. They helped me grow and become more myself and less the scared girl who never went out.
I have the first week of January off work (a much needed break of everything I think!) and already have a list of things I’d like to do during the week. One thing I want to work on is a vision. A vision of who I want to be and how I will accomplish it.
I’m excited about sharing it with you!